As we discussed last month, fashion-meets-fitness pieces are currently *~all the rage~*. Jogger pants are the perfect example: their sporty styling meshes perfectly with street wear. They’re relaxed, but they’re fashionable. They work for grabbing brunch, but they’re also perfect for a morning co-op run. Whether your personal aesthetic sways toward athletic or feminine, there’s a pair of these trendy pants for you…which is good, because you’re probably about to see them EVERYWHERE. Oh, and they wear like a fancy pair of sweat pants. You in? Here’s how to style them.
How To Wear Jogger Pants
- Watch your proportions. The easiest way to make jogging pants look chic is to really mind your silhouette. Baggy pants? Balance it out with a body-hugging top. I also love joggers paired with crop tops, especially if said top is layered under a fab leather jacket or crisp denim vest. Again, since the look you’re sporting with these pants is big, you probably won’t want to pile on the statement jewelry, oversized handbag, or platform sandals! Balance, babes. Balance.
- Keep your add-ons super chic. In order to keep your joggers looking like actual, stylish pants and not slouchy old sweats, pay a little extra attention to your pairings–shoes, bags, jewelry…even hair and makeup! The details make or break the look.
- Pay attention to tailoring. Jogger pants come in different shapes and sizes, but the most chic of the pack generally feature defined waistbands, cuffs, or pleats. These have a definite SHAPE to them, unlike your trusty sweats. Also: no drawstring. Similarly, a slim-cut jogger tends to look more sophisticated and is more flattering for most body types than the super-comfortable, extra-oversized variety that sway towards harem pant territory.
- Dress it up: While you may not be able to make cotton jogger pants date-night appropriate, a simple change in fabric and footwear can have a major impact on your look! From silk to sequins, there are dressy iterations of these pants at just about every price point. From there, sex-up your look with a hot pair of pumps! Anything strappy or extra pointy is my jam.
- Dress it down: go for an ultra sporty look and team your joggers with flats, flops, or sneaks. On top? A boxy tank with open armholes–show a little sliver of skin or a peep of lace! Top everything off with a cute baseball hat and a pair of your favorite sunnies for a celeb-off-duty look.
Shop the Trend
Topshop ‘Nep’ Jogger Pants @Nordstrom
Blank NYC Vegan Leather Jogger Pants @6pm
Bullhead Denim Co Jogger Jeans @PacSun
Tommy Hilfiger ‘Digital Print Jogger’ @Tommy Hilfiger
Black Silk Relaxed Jogger Pants @CUSP
Would you wear joggers?!